With tax season officially upon us, we wanted to take a moment to:
- remind everyone to send in their tax documents and information as soon as possible
- to share a recent white paper (attached) that was co-authored by Robert Walsh.
The paper utilizes real-life case studies and third party analyses to exhibit the value in working with a tax-focused financial planner. For those that get dizzy in the details of the paper, here are three key takeaways:
- Work with a planner that can strategically place you in the lowest tax bracket at your current income level. No need to pay government more than their fair share.
- Tax preparation is reactive. Tax planning is forward-looking. If you wait until April of 2017 to look at how you could minimize your 2016 taxes, you’re too late.
- Proper tax planning attempts to bring a client as close as possible to owing no tax and receiving no refund.